8. The Day I Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

On the 2nd of July 2013 I was admitted to L'Établissement Public de Santé Mentale, Saint Avé near Vannes, France, to ward "Unité des Sources". The month I spent in hospital was to be one of the most bizarre, surreal, frightening, enlightening and amazing experiences of my life, but despite this it took another 3 G.P's, several more journeys through a range of antidepressants, and a kindly lady psychiatrist before I was properly diagnosed and treated. I have type two bipolar disorder which means I get all the downs, but non of the ups. I take Quetiapine, an antipsychotic which appears to suit me well, and for the first time in years I feel I might finally be safe from myself.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4. My Seroplex, SSRI Antidepressant Weaning Programme to Download

5. Oh Yeah Life goes On, Long After The Thrill Of Livin' Is Gone

6. Self Deliverance and other short stories.